Are you thinking of putting your home on the market at some point in the near future? There are several easy and relatively inexpensive things that you can do to make your home attractive in the eyes of prospective home buyers
Condition of Your Property
The condition of your property is always a factor in how quickly your home sells. It's a fact: acquiring the highest market value and elevating your home above the others in the same price range often comes down to first impressions. Here are some inexpensive ways to maximize your home's curb appeal:
- Keep the grass cut and yard clutter to a minimum.
- Apply fresh paint to any wooden fences and your front door.
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Wash or paint your home's exterior.
- Ensure gutters and other exterior fashions are firmly attached.
INSIDE THE HOME
The first thing that greets visitors as the enter your front door should always be a pleasant-but-not overpowering aroma. An unpleasant smell will kill even the best of first impressions faster than anything. Some homeowners choose to have an aromatic apple pie or loaf of bread baking in the oven when potential buyers are scheduled to come over, while others may place a vase of fragrant flowers somewhere in the vicinity of the front door. Both of these options are highly preferable to an over-reliance of canned air freshener.
Most home sales experts will tell you that the room of the home that is most instrumental in coaxing interested lookers into signing the final purchase papers is the kitchen. Because this is true in almost all cases, make certain that your kitchen is always clean and well-appointed. Remodeling dollars generally go farthest here.
Did you know well-placed furniture can open up rooms and make them seem larger than they are? Or, that opening drapes and blinds and turning on lights make a room seem bright and cheery? It's true, which is why staging your home to look its absolute best is an important factor in the selling process.
Here are some inexpensive ways to highlight your home's best features:
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
- Clean all flooring and fixtures - lights, fans.
- Repair all plumbing leaks.
- Remove excessive wall hangings, furniture and extra personal goods.
- Turn on all lights and open the drapes during the daytime.
- Play quiet background music and infuse your home with a comforting scent.
- Vacate the property when and if it's being show to prospective buyers.
When you decide to sell your home call Karen Jordan, your listing specialist. Helping homeowners get TOP dollar! 209-321-6558
"In today's challenging real estate market you need a realtor that you can trust. Recently I had the pleasure of working with Karen Jordan again. I say again because this is my third real estate transaction with Karen in the past three years (twice with purchasing and once with selling) and each time she never ceases to amaze me. Thank you Karen for making the sale of my home so smooth and pleasurable.
To find out more about selling your home, click here